Saturday, June 13, 2015

#1107 oblivious

I recently discovered a local butcher that sells large bones, so I purchased two as a treat for my dogs.

Nirvana!

The dogs were mesmerized -- for two hours in each of two sittings.  

Normally, my slightest movement alerts them.  But while they were on the patio totally engrossed in chewing, I went in and out of the house, watered plants, wrote blogs and generally was ignored.  Other people walked by unnoticed, though normally they would have caused a major ruckus.  While the bones were present, nothing else was.

How can you cultivate a similar passion and focus in your world today?  May you find something that brings you such joy that when you're doing it, you become oblivious to the rest of the world!

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment