Monday, July 2, 2018

leadership dot #2208: lifestyle

I just returned from a fantastic trip to New York City, a place that could not be much more different from where I live. Everything about Manhattan screams energy and a frenetic pace – quite the contrast from life in small town Iowa.

When was in the Big Apple, I felt transported to another world not just a different city. “New York is a great place to visit but I wouldn’t want to live there,” I said to my sister. It reminded me of the corollary that is often said about our state: “Iowa is a great place to live but I wouldn’t want to visit.” There is truth to both statements.

It is difficult to describe the environment and sensory stimulation that occurs in much of central NYC just as it is challenging to articulate what makes life on the banks of the Mississippi so amenable to those who live there. Both are their own cultures and different people will be more comfortable in each of them.

Your job is to as accurately and thoroughly as possible describe your organization’s culture to anyone who may aspire to work with you. Are you a New York, an Iowa or someplace entirely different? If you’re asking people to make it their workplace home, it needs to be a long-term lifestyle fit not just a short-term vacation adventure.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, this blog was really informative and interesting. Keep sharing such content, it will help a lot of students in their learning journey. If you are looking for the best buy Dissertation online then visit My Assignment Services. They have a team of professional experts for writing assignments in UK. My Assignment Services provides the most reliable and affordable assignment writing services in UK. For more information related to any academic assistance in UK visit My Assignment Services.

    ReplyDelete