Tuesday, April 14, 2015

#1047 curious

I was out to dinner over the weekend at a place that provided one of the multi-mixing pop dispensers that I have commented on before.*  Much to my dismay, the Diet Coke was empty.

When I informed the clerk that it needed to be changed, I expected him to open the cabinet underneath and reconnect a new cylinder of syrup.  Instead, he popped open the bottom of the dispenser, the screen turned into a computer, and after pushing a few buttons he snapped in something that looked like a toner cartridge and my favorite beverage was back!

I was fascinated by this total evolution of how things are done today, so I acquired the empty cartridge and took it home, after hearing from the manager how the system works (the sweetener and diet sweetener are housed in big tanks in the back room; popular flavors have dual chamber cartridges and flavor enhancers are single; the syrup inside is "micro-dosed" so only a very small portion is needed to mix with the sweetener and water).  At home, I was like a kid doing a science experiment: cutting open the cartridge to find a bag of the syrup inside.

I doubt I will do anything more with my newly-acquired knowledge of how the high tech soda dispensers work, but it is the process that is important.  How have YOU been curious lately?  Have you dug deeper to understand something you haven't encountered before?  What about asking questions (even to Google) to gain a new perspective on how things work?  Has something inspired you to wonder?  

Challenge yourself today to think like a sixth-grader looking for a science fair project.  How can you see the world with more curious eyes?

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com

@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

*See Blog #276, March 4, 2013


inside the cut-open Cherry flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment