Saturday, November 21, 2015

#1268 charmed

I never understood what the fascination was with the bracelets with beads that were added incrementally.  Brands like Persona or Pandora offer literally hundreds of interchangeable beads for women to create their own personalized jewelry.  It seemed to be an expensive way to add glitz to a bracelet.

And then I saw the collection for what it was:  the modern day equivalent of a charm bracelet.  Now I get it!

When I was a young girl, I had a bracelet with charms that adorned my wrist commemorating key events like graduation and places that I visited.  My low-rent-district-apartment was burglarized when I was in graduate school and it's the one thing they took that I really missed.  There would never be a way to replace the wristlet of memories.

Today's version is far more expensive, and prevalent, but nonetheless offers the same personalization experience.  In a 7-inch expanse, a women can have visual reminders of things that she holds near and dear.

Think of what your organization can do to create a lasting memory for those whose lives it touches.  It doesn't have to be a bead on a bracelet, but can you design a cumulative reminder of the experiences you have shared together?  A series of posters, a donor recognition item that creates a collection, or a class photo can all be sequential tributes and reminders of your experiences.

For someone to be charmed, it takes a repetition of beads.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment