Monday, May 16, 2016

#1445 play it again Sam

I am a frequent player of the Solitaire game on my phone, and I love the feature that allows me to "replay this game." I often do, wanting to see if a different move here or there would have made the difference in the outcome. 

What I've found is that sometimes it does. Making a different decision as to what card to play can often result in a whole series of other moves that influence the final score. I've won several more games with a second strategy.

But sometimes replaying the game ends up without a victory, even when I know where many of the cards are hiding. The game takes a different path, but still does not end up with a win. 

I think we forget about this second option in real life.

Often when we think of "do-overs," we believe that if we had the chance to do something differently it would all turn out better. And sometimes we're right.

But not always.

Life doesn't come with a "replay this game" option so we'll never know for sure. We just need to live it in such a way that we have no regrets about the cards we play and take each hand as it is dealt to us.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment