Tuesday, May 17, 2016

#1446 walk in my shoes

It always gives me pause when someone says "first annual..." because you never know if the tradition will really continue. But this is one event that I hope not only lives on at the Van Independent School District in Texas, but that is copied at school districts across the country.

Last week, high school seniors got dressed in their graduation regalia and paraded through the halls of the elementary and middle schools in the district. The "Senior Walk" served two purposes: to inspire the younger students toward completing their education and to provide recognition to those who were graduating. What a simple gesture with so much power.

Many of the seniors previously attended classes in those same buildings, so it was also a way to allow some reflection on how far they had come, and I'll bet it was a subliminal motivation for them to continue to persevere in their growth.

No cost, little time, great rewards. What can you do in a similar vein to provide simultaneous recognition and inspiration when someone in your organization achieves a milestone? 

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com




More pictures here

Thanks Tracy for sharing!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this blog. in my opinion, everything was perfectly written there as well as few small tips are also can be taken as healthy suggestion. Descriptive informative content written in this blog is very useful. รองเท้า แฟชั่น เพื่อ สุขภาพ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform. สเปรย์เคลือบรองเท้า

    ReplyDelete