Thursday, August 27, 2015

#1182 black hole

On Tuesday morning, I emailed my veterinarian's office with a question about my dog. I found it much easier to type out a few sentences about an on-going issue rather than to explain it from scratch to their receptionist, so I was happy to use the email they list on their materials.

As soon as I sent it, I received an auto-reply:  "We have received your email and will respond if appropriate during our regular business hours of XX."  Great.

On Wednesday afternoon, I still had not heard back so I called them.  Literally, the receptionist said: "We're not the best at checking email."  What?  Even if you aren't, shouldn't the first words out of your mouth be "I'm sorry."

I adore my vet. The office: not so much.  If I didn't love, love, love my vet, the office would have annoyed me into finding a new provider long ago.

Never underestimate the power held by the person who answers your phone.  Your brand is delivered by them every single time they pick up the line.  Are the words coming across the line tarnishing or polishing your image?

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment