Sunday, January 31, 2016

#1339 childhood

The other day I had a crazy craving for Macaroni and Cheese.  I am not sure why, but it was a staple of my childhood, and perhaps I just wanted to capture some of the good feelings from that time. So I went to the store and bought a box to prepare for dinner.

I was surprised to find the copy on the box acknowledged that I wasn't the only adult who bought this product as comfort food. It read: "imported from your childhood." I'm sure back in the day, we didn't read the (un)nutrition label or worry about the fat and calories it contained. It was just "gooey, cheesy goodness" and it tasted great (just as it did now.)

What elements of your childhood can you bring forward to provide peace and connectedness in your adult world? Are there toys or treasures that can be displayed in your home? Perhaps an article of clothing from when you were a tot? Maybe it is a song that reminds you of carefree days?

The good 'ole days weren't all good, but parts of them were. See if you can't intentionally carry a piece of the good forward into your life today.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment