Wednesday, November 8, 2017

leadership dot #1986: influencers

On one of my in-class feedback forms, I had a student ask me for recommendations for additional reading on topics such as leadership and culture. I love teaching adults!

My list is ever-changing, but I compiled a selection of resources that I thought would be beneficial for her. Then I thought that they might be of interest to my readers as well, so I am including the list here for you.

As I said in a recent guest post, my bookshelf played a key role in my career evolution. I have shelves upon shelves of books in the leadership/culture/organizational behavior area – and I would have countless more if I had not moved so many times!

I share this for two reasons:
   1.  pay attention to what kind of reading you gravitate towards – maybe it can unlock a clue to your true passions and interests;
   2.  I obviously love to read, so share your recommendations in the comments or email me. Winter is coming, and there is nothing like snuggling up with a good book!


Happy reading!

]  most influential book on my list!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, by Chip and Dan Heath. It's a practical and reasonable guide to tackling the problem of inspiring and creating the momentum for change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good one! I had a very hard time limiting my list to one page -- if I had a 2-page list, Switch could have been on it (also their Made to Stick which I actually like better!!)

    ReplyDelete