Friday, August 4, 2017

leadership dot #1890: linger

There is magic in doing something right away instead of putting it off -- even for a short while.

When I wait too long to get to a bigger project, I struggle to start vs. when I "take a few notes" and start in on it right away. I find that when I write blog entries soon after I get the idea that they are better; old ideas tend to linger and then feel forced. When I outline a session I am presenting right after talking to the client, I get further along with the new training than the one that has been sitting on my desk for a month.

If I take that first step before I have time to dread it, the second steps easily follow. But if I think about something too long, I am apt to talk myself out of it more times than I talk myself into something.

Don't let your energy dwindle as something lingers on your to-do list. Try to make it a habit to attend to something sooner rather than later. Later almost always equates to longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment