Monday, August 7, 2017

leadership dot #1893: anchor

I track all of my blog topics on a desk calendar and so it is daunting when I rip off a new month and stare at a blank page. Instead of seeing the 1800+ dots I have written, all I am focused on is the 30 more I have to do.

If you have just lost 10 pounds, but need to lose 10 more, you will be more motivated if you keep the starting point in mind rather than the goal. But if you are one sale away from making your quota, it may help you to focus on those few final calls that you have to make.

One of the tricks of effective leadership is knowing when to look forward and when to look back. Keep the right perspective in mind when looking for an anchor by which to measure your progress. The most motivating number may be the one you have already passed and can no longer see.

No comments:

Post a Comment