Tuesday, August 15, 2017

leadership dot #1901: out of ink

I was writing in my morning journal when the pen began to run out of ink. I did not have a spare pen handy, so I kept trying to write and extend its life until the end of my entry.

It occurred to me that the choices I was making about this pen could be a metaphor for how you live life. When do you quit – after one line as soon as the going gets rough or do you stretch it out 10 lines and get the most out of it? Do you push it or move on to Plan B when your original intention starts to fade? Does it have to be perfect to produce or do you press on despite less than ideal circumstances?

Think about how you are living – both when you feel like the pen barrel is full and when your energy begins to fade. Be intentional about how you write the story of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment