Tuesday, November 5, 2013

#522 responsiveness

On Sunday night, when I ate at Culver's, I received a survey about my experience.  There was a mistake on our order and so I called the 800 number and registered my two cents.  The survey asked if I would be willing to take a follow up phone call to provide feedback on my problem.  I entered my number.

Yesterday (aka the very next day) at 10:20am (aka before the restaurant even opened, less than 24 hours since I took a national survey), I received a call from Heather the local restaurant manager.  In addition to apologizing for my experience, she spent most of the phone call thanking me for letting them know about the problem.  "I am so thankful for your call," she said.  "It helps us make it better.  I know you work hard for your money and we will work on better training so that you can have the kind of experience that you deserve."  

I would have been delighted if the call ended there, but Heather asked for my address so she could "get something out to me" to thank me for my feedback.  It was impressive.

So many times I take surveys and wonder if they have any impact at all.  What a great idea to close the feedback loop -- in person no less -- and in such a timely manner.  That kind of responsiveness can be a model for my organization, and likely yours too.  Learn from Culver's and Heather about how to turn a bad situation into a gem.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment