Sunday, March 9, 2014

#646 give life

I received a mailing from the American Red Cross thanking me for being a blood donor.  They told me where my latest donation went and how I made a difference in saving lives.  It had emotional stories and made me glad that I had given.

But what gave me the most pause from their mailing was this statistic:  an estimated 38% of the population is eligible to give blood, and only about 8% of those eligible actually donate.      

Think about what you would do to motivate people to do something that they obviously are not doing naturally -- and to do it for free -- ideally every eight weeks.  No wonder they are so appreciative and attentive to those who have given.

Even if you don't become a multi-gallon donor, I encourage you to consider giving once if you are able to do so.  In this season of Lent, giving may be more important than giving up.  The need is great, the process painless and the results truly are life-changing. 

Schedule your appointment here:  www.redcrossblood.org

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment