Friday, March 21, 2014

#658 welcome

About a month ago, I made a reservation at the St. Regis hotel in Washington DC.  They gave me the conference rate for the two nights during the event, but due to limited airline schedules, I need to arrive the night before.  The rate for that night was not included in the conference discount so it cost more.

Amy, my "reservation consultant", suggested we contact the conference organizer and see if they would hold a block for the night before.  They would not.  Amy emailed me back after several weeks telling me that the rate still had not been included in the block price.  I was impressed by her follow up, but thought the story was over.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive another email from her yesterday telling me that she has still been working on finding me a lower rate. She discovered that the AAA rate would actually be $50 less than the original quote so "did take the liberty for changing the rate for you."  

It's one thing for people to give good customer service when they are face to face with the client, but it's another thing when the customer and service are separated by both time and distance. 

Amy wrote that "we look forward to welcoming you!!"  With advance service like this, I feel welcomed already.


-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment