Sunday, December 14, 2014

#926 lucky



As I was going to get on an elevator, I felt the hard candy in my mouth get stuck in my throat.  Just as I was ready to panic, the elevator car arrived and I got in -- along with the five other men who were waiting.  I figured that if I starting choking or, worse yet, needed the Heimlich, I wouldn't be alone.



As the car ascended, two things happened.  One, the candy came unstuck and I was fine without incident.  Two, I read the nametags of the men in the elevator with me.  All of them were attending a medical training and had M.D. after their names!



Sometimes, luck turns out to be on your side, even if you don't need it.  Appreciate those moments as a sign that the universe really is on your side.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment