Monday, December 22, 2014

#934 sick

I was scheduled to have a routine physical exam last week.  I almost did not listen to the message when the doctor's office called, because I figured they were just calling to remind me of my appointment.  

Instead, they were calling to reschedule because the doctor called in sick!

I know that doctors are humans, and obviously get ill, but it struck me as funny that I was going for a wellness exam and she was too sick to give it to me.

Kudos to her for waving the flag though, especially at this time of year when people are burning the candle at both ends.  It is easy to overdo.

Take a lesson from my doctor and don't try to be a superhero.  If you can't do something at 100%, don't pretend like you can.  

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment