Thursday, December 25, 2014

#937 home

It is fitting to me that today's blog is #937, as that was the house number of the place where my family lived for all but the past three years of my life.  I referred to it as "937" when making plans to go home, and it is where I spent all the Christmases of my childhood.  

I think of all the traditions that were started at 937, and those that we have carried with us even though we now celebrate at a different place: opening stockings as soon as you wake up; that specific coffeecake from the local bakery; Mitch Miller's Must Be Santa to start the festivities, and chocolate gold coins in every stocking (now kept in the freezer from Christmas to Christmas since no one likes to eat them!)

The memories of 937 live on, and always will, regardless of what the house number is where we gather.  I hope you have a day filled with similar joy and traditions.

Merry Christmas!

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment