Tuesday, December 16, 2014

#928 recognition



Shazam is one of my favorite applications on the web.  For those of you that are unfamiliar with this gem, you can "Shazam" any music you hear playing, and the app will instantly identify the song, the artist and often the lyrics and other helpful information.  I have used it at concerts, on my car radio, for background music at restaurants or stores, and during basketball game introductions.  It is amazing.



But what I really need is an app that allows me to stealthily point my phone at a face and have it identify who the person is -- and my connection to them.  Wouldn't it be great to have a method to instantaneously know -- that's who the person is.  I could use it to link the face and name of a parent from a visit day long ago; know the person in line ahead of me is my vet's receptionist, or be able to act as if I remember the friend of a friend I met once.  Wa-la! No more racking my brain as to how I know someone.



I know that such a personalized database is next to impossible, but I can continue to hope. Many technological advances that seemed like dreams are now a reality.  Maybe a "Wa-la" is in my future.  Until then, forgive me if I ask: "Do I know you from somewhere?"

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment