Sunday, December 6, 2015

#1283 the price is...

Like most people, I have done a fair amount of shopping in recent weeks.  During this journey, I have had several surprises regarding pricing.

> A $50 necklace was marked $15. I debated whether to buy it, and decided that I liked it enough to buy for myself.  At the register, it rang up $5.  I would have bought it without question at that price, and wonder if others passed it up not knowing its true cost.

> I took a $60 blouse to the register, intending to use a coupon to buy it.  The blouse was on sale for $40, so the coupon (which would have made it cheaper) did not work.  Who knew it was on sale?

> I intended to use another coupon on some buttons, but they too were on sale, this time for the same price the coupon would have given me.  I could have used the coupon for something else, but did not want to wait in line again to buy the other item I considered but did not want at full price.

Is your organization like those above that are offering discounts without properly telling others about them?  Sales are meant to be incentives to drive purchases, not surprises once someone decides to buy. 

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment