Saturday, December 19, 2015

#1296 absorbed

At this time of year, it is easy to get lost in the moment.  

When I am out shopping, I am absorbed in finding the perfect gift. I don't cut my trip short because I am not thinking of all the wrapping I could/should be doing at home.

Then I get caught up in the wrapping -- and finding boxes, making bows, putting on tags, etc., and I take more time than I would if I was thinking about the blogs I had to write.

Eventually I get immersed in writing and the clock ticks by; I get on a roll with blogging and I don't realize that it is past time for bed.

If you can be fully present to what you are doing, it often can make that activity more enjoyable.  But keep in mind that holiday time tends to go by at warp speed because there are so many activities to get lost in.  

So prepare to lose yourself -- or to schedule a bell to signal when it's time to move on to the next merriment.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment