Thursday, September 3, 2015

#1189 brevity

Our local newspaper runs an occasional series where community leaders tell their story by listing out 10 words and providing an accompanying one minute video.  I suspect that for some of them, the task is more difficult than producing a multi-page annual brochure.  

I am reminded of the quote by Mark Twain: "If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter."

It is much more difficult to be concise than it is to be verbose.  

At work, we struggle with postcards and headlines far more than with publications and letters.  I find it easier to write blogs than to Tweet.  Others can write speeches better than sound bites.

Practice the art of crafting a message that is short and meaningful.  Brevity provides power.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment