Tuesday, September 29, 2015

#1215 the nose knows

The other day I was picking up a "deposit" that my dog made while out walking.  I said to the person I was with: "Of all the senses that could be enhanced, I would pick smell the last."

She proceeded to tell me about someone she knows who has no sense of smell.  The woman has spent her lifetime working in maintenance doing jobs that can have offensive odors to some.  She has also served on many trips as a missionary, going to places that can be olfactory-challenging to tolerate.  In short, she has capitalized on her reality and turned something that could be considered a limitation into an advantage.

Can you smell a lesson in all of this?  Try to sniff out another perspective on something to turn a downside into an upside instead of turning your nose on the problem.  

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment