Tuesday, October 27, 2015

#1243 good deed

The pin recently fell out of my watchband, so I took it to the local jeweler to be repaired.  I was expecting to drop it off, come back to get it in a few days and pay to have the work done.

Instead, the jeweler handed it back to me in about five minutes.  When I asked him how much, he looked at his watch and said: "Well, it's 4:30 and I haven't done my good deed for the day yet, so I guess this is it."  

I was ecstatic!  Not only did I love that I had no waiting, no return trip and not even any payment, but I was especially taken with his phrasing.  

Have you done your good deed for the day yet?  Don't let 4:30 pass you by without making the day brighter for someone else.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment