Wednesday, October 28, 2015

#1244 found

I was going through my email and found a message from a former employee who had sent me her address to "keep in touch."  It came during the opening-of-school craziness and I did not have much more than a minute to reply.  So I waited until I had time to compose a more thorough update...

...and here we are, almost two months later.  I am sorry to say that I have not made time to be any better of correspondent than I would have been when I first received the email.

Note the choice of words:  made the time vs. found the time.  There is no such thing as found time -- you consciously dedicate your minutes to something or it passes without intention.  There is no time to be found.

The next time you have a task that you believe to be important, commit right then to a time to complete it.  Your chances of finding extra hours are about as good as finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.


-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment