So, off to mix and mingle they went. Awkwardly. Reluctantly. Hesitantly. And then we talked about some opening lines to lessen their discomfort. If you can get a conversation started, often the other person will take it from there. Thus, your key is to work on your opening line.
- What is your connection to this event?
- What interesting tidbit can you share about yourself to help me remember you?
- What kind of work occupies your time?
- What’s the last new thing you did?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What’s the best thing about your work?
- Where do you call home?
- Tell me something good!