Friday, March 15, 2013

#287 unnamed

There seems to be tags or labels or some sort of identifier on everything -- except socks.   All other undergarments have tags; why is it that socks can be totally anonymous once out of the original bag?

I want socks to be labeled so I can re-purchase the brands that actually stay up and never buy again those that continually need adjustment.  It would make it so much easier to sort if there were names or numbers that I could match instead of squinting to see the patterns. My laundry folding is like a game of "Go Fish"; does it need to be this way?

I recently saw an ad for children's socks that have a plastic snap on the cuff -- you just pop them together when putting in the laundry, and thus, pulling out of drawers.  It is easier for the parents and the child.  

I'm not advocating for the adult version of this, but I think that sock makers are missing a golden opportunity.  If you made wonderful hosiery, wouldn't you want to promote your brand in the hopes of luring repeat customers?  

Do you have the equivalent of nameless socks in your organization -- something that you put out there, but take no credit?  Maybe people would be loyal to you, if they only knew who you were.  

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment