Saturday, March 30, 2013

#302 playlists of life

I am like my iPod -- comprised of a wide variety of playlists:

> Mostly I like soundtracks -- where, like my work, the music serves a purpose and has a sense of intentionality

> I have a fair bit of country -- where the music tells stories about life -- as I do everyday in my job

> I have some instrumentals -- to allow for those moments of reflection that are so important to me

> The rest is soft rock -- not flashy, but achieves its purpose in a pleasurable way

> With only one or two hard rock songs -- for when those one or two crazy moments hit me.

What do your playlists say about you?  Are there new tunes you should add to your repertoire of skills?  Can you take your existing library and group the individual elements in new ways?  Are you comfortable with "shuffling" or do you follow the same order every time?  

Experimenting with your playlists can be one small way to help you become comfortable with bigger changes (see #292).  Literally or even metaphorically, download a new piece of music into your routine today and see who it helps you become.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment