Sunday, April 21, 2013

#324 ideas delivered

Last Sunday I was laying in my bed, debating whether I wanted to stay in my cozy pajamas or whether I wanted to go out for breakfast, and I wondered why I couldn't have both.  Why hasn't someone started a service to deliver breakfast?  

They deliver hot foods like Chinese and pizzas, so it isn't a temperature issue.  You could have breakfast biscuits or burritos come to your door with a piping hot Starbucks -- I think it could be a hit.  

In 2011, breakfast restaurant sales totaled nearly $25.5 billion.  Nearly half of the consumers got their early meal from a "limited-service" restaurant.  So we're not competing with Eggs Benedict and Mimosas here; people are eating what I want delivered.

If you agree with my idea and want to start a service, it's all yours.  I'm not looking to become an entrepreneur.  I just like the concept of ideas -- thinking about what isn't, but could be.  

Next time you have a moment to daydream, think about what business isn't out there that you wish was.  It's a good exercise in creativity, even if you still have to get up and go get that bacon and egg biscuit yourself.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment