Monday, May 26, 2014

#724 huh?

When people first hear that my vacation this year was to Montgomery, Alabama and Tallahassee, Florida, they give me either a puzzled look or a nod that implies "I'm sorry."

Then they learn that the cities were chosen because I vacation with my sister and she is on a quest to see all the state capitals.  These will make #47 and #48.*  Suddenly, my odd selections for time away make sense and actually sound like a cool idea.

If someone around you makes choices that are outside the norm, seize it as an opportunity to ask questions and discover a new way of thinking.  In the end, it may not be for you, but it most likely will be for a reason you hadn't thought about.  That alone is a prize.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

*Next year's hot spots:  Frankfurt, KY or Columbia, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment