Friday, June 15, 2012

#14 five minutes

As I walk around people's offices here, I am struck by the number of people who have handwritten notes that I have sent them still hanging up on their bulletin boards.  Something that took me five minutes to do apparently had a much greater impact.

Each morning, I mail my mom a postcard as a way to bring a smile to her via long distance.  It too takes about five minutes to write, yet she comments about how much she loves them every time I talk to her.

I carry notecards and postcards and write them while waiting.  If you get in the habit of capitalizing on all the time you spend waiting you would be amazed at how many five minute increments you have.

Every day has 1440 minutes.  Use five of yours to make someone's day.  Every day.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots

leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment