Saturday, December 1, 2012

#183 anticipation

What tasks out there are worse thinking about vs. actually doing?

I think about how I put off gathering my tax receipts and doing taxes -- but once I start, it never is as bad as I remembered it to be.

Drinking bottles of "chalk" always makes the anticipation of certain medical tests worse than the procedure itself.

The finger prick before giving blood often hurts more than the actual donation.

Studying for the DMV license test and waiting in the endless line is usually more aggravating than taking the actual examination.

Getting bundled up to go for a walk in the winter always feels like more work than the walk itself. 

And thinking about what I should write about as a blog is much more demanding than the actual writing!  Today I am half-way through a year of writing blogs, and I still feel clueless until I actually sit down and open the blogger program, and then words magically appear.

Intellectually, I know all this.  But I still allow the procrastination and angst to eat up more energy than it should.  I need to move my "butt to seat" (see #124) more quickly so I could remove my butt from seat more quickly too!

Resolve today to spend less time dreading and more time doing!

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment