Thursday, December 20, 2012

#202 the end

As I write this on Wednesday night, we are under a blizzard warning.  When I pulled into my driveway at 6pm, we had zero snow on the ground.  Depending upon your source, we are due to receive anywhere from 8-19 inches of snow by the end of day Thursday.  

What if the snow never stopped?  Is this what the end of the world would look like -- going from nothing to more than a foot of snow overnight?  According to the Mayan calendar, this would be my last blog entry as the world is to end tomorrow (12-21-12).  Maybe instead of fire and brimstone the end would be cloaked in snow and ice??

I admit that I am a skeptic about the Doomsday predictions.  Our calendar ends every year on December 31 and yet (obviously) the world never ends on those days.  So I doubt that these words will be my last.  

But what if they were?  What if you knew tomorrow was THE day -- what would you do?  Can you follow the advice of Tim McGraw's lyrics and "live like you were dying"?  Can you do something today that makes yourself, your organization or the world a better place?

Do more with today than just shovel snow.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment