Monday, July 8, 2013

#402 teammates

Over the weekend, I attended my 14 year old nephew's baseball game.  It was a very competitive contest with several lead changes. The opposing team came back to tie in the top of the inning, but our team had several hits and scored in the bottom of the inning to win.

After the game, I was congratulating my nephew.  "Yeah, the team played well," he said.  "But I played terrible."

Fortunately for him (and for all of us), we don't need to go through life alone.  There are times when it is not only appropriate, but good, to rely on teammates to get us through.  

Of course you want to do your part and make contributions to the whole.  But isn't it grand that we don't have to depend on just our individual output every time in order to come out a winner.

Life is a team sport.  Play it that way.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment