Thursday, July 25, 2013

#419 forever learning

When I started this blog, I was feeling good that I could get the first words published.  The whole concept was new to me, and I needed some assistance to get a template framed and to set up the process.  Soon, it became second nature.

A few months ago, I received a question as to whether I had intentionally chosen not to include photos with my entries.  I had not even thought about visuals, but my friend made a good point.  So I signed up for gmail+ and figured out how to import pictures into these entries.  Regular readers will note that there are more pictures included to (hopefully) enhance the point.

And now I am learning the next phase -- Twitter.  Thanks to the miracles of join.me.com and a patient friend on the other end, I have signed up for HootSuite and have a new Twitter address to share nuggets of blog wisdom and other thoughts in 140 characters or less.  You are invited to follow me @leadershipdots.*

Where are you continuously learning in your personal life or organization?   I was at the dentist yesterday and he mentioned that our college just hired the piano teacher who gives him lessons.  I have heard the doctor play in public and he is quite accomplished, but apparently he feels he can keep improving as a pianist.  

The skills you have gained are not static.  You can always expand your talent base and continue learning more about your field, or about an entirely new one.  Don't rest on your laurels -- learn!

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

*For novices, this means www.twitter.com/leadershipdots

No comments:

Post a Comment