Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#669 farewell

I know from collecting buttons that once you start, it becomes incredibly difficult to end.  I tried to cease in 2001, but those that knew me were upset at the thought that I could stop after 30 years and some 6500 pieces in the collection.  So I kept on, and now it is 44 years and almost 11,000 of the pins.  I suspect they are with me for life.

So the "you-can't-quit" phenomenon is on my mind regarding this blog.  When I started it, I had no intention of having blog-writing become an on-going part of my life.  It is an omnipresent obligation -- I am constantly seeing the world through "blog eyes" and am always on the lookout for a topic idea.  In addition, to write a daily missive takes time.  The weather is getting nice outside (finally!!) and I want to feel the sun on my shoulders without the filter of office glass.

I started writing on a random date (Saturday, June 2, 2012) so I think it appropriate that I end at an arbitrary point as well.  Thus, Blog #669 -- today -- will be the last leadership dot published.  I have shared all the insight and wisdom that I have to share.  

I have confidence that you will be able to see your own dots and connect them with meaningful lessons in life.  You might start by checking today's date.


-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment