Sunday, April 20, 2014

#688 eggs

One of my regular (and favorite) weekend rituals is going out to breakfast.  However, I have never gone on Easter Sunday because I have assumed that it would be madness at the restaurant.  Easter Brunch is almost synonymous with the holiday, and I figured that the breakfast place that has crowds on regular weekends would be beyond nuts on the big breakfast-eating holiday.

When I was there yesterday, I asked the manager if he was ready for the big rush.  "Actually," he said, "Easter is the slowest Sunday of the year.  Everyone goes to brunch or to Grandma's, but hardly anyone goes out for breakfast!"  

Who knew there was such a distinction between the meals?  I was so glad that I asked, because I would certainly prefer a low-key breakfast in an empty-ish restaurant vs. over-eating at a crowed place.  I will be one of his Easter regulars!

Are there conclusions you have arrived at -- even using rational logic -- that turn out to be false?  Maybe there are distinctions that you have not realized or other factors that alter the outcome.  You know the old quip about what they say about assumptions.  It really is better to check.  Your day may be sunny-side-up because of it.

Happy Easter!

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment