Saturday, April 12, 2014

#680 iAllowance

As is the case with many credit cards, purchases on my Visa earn me "flex points" that I can redeem for airline miles or other rewards. Usually the points are used for travel or luxury gifts for the cardholder, but I received a flyer with my last statement that encourages me to use those points to pay my kids's allowance!

FamDoo is a new application that lists out an assortment of chores and the number of points that a child can earn for completing them.  The app allows credit card points to be converted into FamDoo allowance points which ultimately are converted to cash or credits that can be used at selected stores.

FamDoo allows options to spend, save and donate; teaching children to use their phone or iPad to transact commerce.  It bills itself as "the modern allowance" -- and is certainly a step in the direction of the cashless society.  (It makes me wonder if a Tooth Fairy app is in development.)

If your organization appeals to children, perhaps you should investigate becoming a donor site on the new FamDoo platform.  Encouraging youth to make electronic transactions on your behalf could be a smart long-term strategy for your group.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

Learn more at famdoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment