Thursday, June 12, 2014

#741 lens

Lucky for you (?!), I will refrain from any more blogs from my vacation.  I limited myself to 11, but truly I could have used the trip as inspiration for a dozen more.  I did not set out to fill a week with observations, but it is becoming instinctive that I see the world through "blog eyes."  Everything I experience, read or ponder somehow triggers the thought in my brain that "this could be a blog."  I also receive regular ideas from friends with the same sentiment: "I think there is a blog in here somewhere."  (Suggestions are always welcome!)

This is another example of the power of focusing.  I didn't set out to find fashion examples, new recipes, cultural symbols, vacation tips or any other observations from my journey.  My lens is what can provide a leadership lesson for myself and readers.

Think about the glasses through which you view the world.  Are you focused on finding areas that need help, ways to motivate others, examples of great advertising, market opportunities, decorating ideas or construction nuances?  Whatever you focus on, you will see more of.  Be intentional about how you direct your laser.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment