Sunday, January 20, 2013

#233 lessons from a coyote

Even though I am a VP, I still have a rather large stuffed Wile E. Coyote in my office.  He serves as a reminder to me about several important lessons:

> Persistence.  Even though Wile has been unsuccessful in his pursuit of the road runner, he continues to persist in his quest.

> Creativity.  Wile is not trying the same method of capture over and over and over -- he continually alters his methods and tries new ways to catch the bird.

> Focus.  Wile is focused on one thing.  His efforts are not scattered trying to catch anything that comes his way -- he cares about the road runner and is focused on capturing it.

I have faith that someday Wile will win.  Until then, he serves as a mascot to remind me of three important elements of the chase.  What symbol can you use as a visual reminder of the traits you need to exhibit in the pursuit of your reward?

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment