Sunday, May 5, 2013

#338 three minutes

As schools around the country are in the waning days of the semester, 'tis the season when the Alice Cooper's"School's Out [for summer]" is frequently played on the radio. The iconic song was released in 1972, and I am sure royalties from this time of year have made Mr. Cooper a very rich man.

Cooper was once asked: "What's the greatest three minutes of your life?"  Surprisingly, his answer was the inspiration for the song.  In addition to Christmas morning, he said it was the last three minutes of the last day of school.  "If we can catch that three minutes in a song it's going to be so big," he said.  Since it is listed in Rolling Stone's greatest songs of all time, apparently he succeeded!

It got me wondering about what the greatest three minutes of my life were.  I think it was when my dissertation committee called me back into the room after deliberations and said: "Dr. Triplett, you can come in now."  Or maybe it was the first time I held a golden retriever puppy and someone said: "You can take her home now."  I wonder if the greatest three minutes are behind me or ahead.

What's your answer to the question?  Maybe, like Alice Cooper, it can be an inspiration for something great.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


Source:  Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment