Friday, May 24, 2013

#357 gone fishin'

How do your personal cycles work?  Are you busiest before you can relax?  Do you need to recharge before you can gear up?

I think of how productive my life would be if I was as productive all the time as I am right before I go on vacation!

I feel like I need a vacation by the time I am ready to go.  At home, laundry is done.  Ditto for shopping, errands and packing.  Instructions are ready for my dog sitter.  All the blogs are written and scheduled in advance.

At work, I managed to squeeze in a host of meetings, wrap up several big projects, close out the fiscal year and attend to the regular business at hand.  No time for dawdling or procrastination -- there were things to do before I left.

But once I am gone, I am disengaged from work and fully immersed in the life of leisure.  It will take a day on the back end to get my working brain reoriented.  

For others, they may crawl toward vacation with barely any energy remaining, and come back refreshed and ready to go full steam ahead.  

Pair your energy level and pattern of behavior to make a successful transition over this holiday weekend and future vacation plans.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment