Tuesday, May 14, 2013

#347 if

I was talking on the phone to a friend while she was out basking in the sun.  She commented on how she was already (naturally) tan, which is really saying something given the rainy Spring that we've had.  "I can handle anything if I'm tan," she laughed.

I thought about that statement.  Being tan means nothing to me, but being in good shape with new freshmen numbers makes the whole world seem more manageable.  "I can handle anything if deposits are good," I replied.

What is out there that serves as a bellwether of your mood and coping mechanisms?  In other words, how would you fill in the blank of "I can handle anything if ______?"   Then think about what steps you can take to make this anchor a reality.  You don't have to have everything, but it helps to know what it most important for your attention.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment