Saturday, June 8, 2013

#372 obvious

I eat Chobani Greek yogurt for breakfast every morning.  The grocery store that I most frequently use had it on sale one day and featured it in a big display on an "end cap" cooler.  I tried it and have been hooked ever since.

I also have been frustrated ever since, because frequently I go into this store and they don't have it at all.  I shop at another store in the same chain, and they have it all the time, right there next to the regular yogurts, but "my" store seems to only carry it when it's on sale and featured at the end of the aisle.

Or so I thought.  The other day I happened to be in the organic/health food section, and there it was!  Apparently the store regularly carries it, but just in a different location.  When it's on sale, they carry it in the special case on the end to handle the volume and accommodate non-regular customers who wouldn't think to look in the organic section.  At other times, it's still available, but not where I ever considered looking for it.

I'm afraid that every organization does something similar -- it makes perfect sense to them, but not to the customer.  Take advantage of any opportunity that you can to get feedback from your actual clients/users and new employees who have a fresh perspective.  The obvious may only be so to you.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment