Saturday, June 15, 2013

#379 success

People think I have success because I have power (by virtue of my position).
I think I have power because I have success.

I believe that people can lead and create achievements from wherever they are in an organization.  It is a misnomer to think that people get things done just because they have a title, and it is equally misleading to think that a title is necessary for action.

People acquire credibility by achieving goals that help the organization succeed.  Having small wins builds trust that leads to bigger opportunities and thus more meaningful wins.  The cycle keeps going.

Focus on the ways you can succeed instead of the position you think you need to make a difference.  Power is earned, not granted.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment