Wednesday, June 26, 2013

#390 one more

I am a big fan of the Solitaire game that is on my phone.  I can complete a round in under three minutes, and it has provided numerous moments of mindless fun while waiting in line or for appointments.  Somehow I get lost in it and the time seems to go by much faster.

I have noticed that often there are times when I feel completely stuck, then I discover one more move, and it triggers a whole series of additional moves.  Frequently, it makes the difference between winning a round and losing it.

I wonder if there are moments like that at work when I am ready to give up, but if I looked a little harder I could find that next step which leads to a solution.  

As Kenny Rogers said: "You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em."  You also have to know when to avoid the temptation to fold 'em too fast and re-deal.  Take a second look at your problem and see if you can't find the one more move you can make.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment