Sunday, June 16, 2013

#380 a name

I recently met someone who was in the process of legally changing their first name.  Most people never have that opportunity so it got me wondering what name I would choose for myself if I had that option.  It would certainly not be my given name, rather it would be a name that was the same as what I was actually called.  (Given the choice, I think my favorite would be nickname/abbreviation-free Hannah -- even spelled the same forwards and back.)

But instead of pondering the name that you would choose for yourself, take a minute to consider the name you would make for yourself.  When people think of you, what characteristics come to mind?  In what niche do you excel?  Have you made a reputation for traits that you admire?

You may be able to legally change your name, but it's a lot harder to change what that name stands for to other people.  

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment