Sunday, December 22, 2013

#569 that's a wrap

I love to wrap presents!  More than shopping for them or even opening them, my favorite part is the wrapping.

I have learned that others do not share my joy!

My sister, who lives five hours away, happened to schedule a meeting near me last November, so it was convenient for her to bring a van full of presents for me to wrap while she was in town.  I jumped at the chance to do so.

This year we met at a hotel two hours from me while she was en route to another meeting, and again I spent the afternoon/evening turning her bags and boxes into treasures.  I think we have created a new tradition.

Tomorrow, I am wrapping all the gifts for a colleague who won my wrapping services in our staff holiday raffle.  He had to bring them here from three hours away, but for him it was worth it to avoid the dreaded task.

Things I am wrapping are traveling more miles than I am this holiday season!  But it goes to show that one person's gift is another person's chore.  Try to find ways to align your talents with others' needs and you will both be delighted with the result.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment