Saturday, January 25, 2014

#603 best day

There is a catchy song out with the line "This is gonna be the best day of my life."  I wonder what that would look like.

I tried to think of what I would identify as the best day of my life so far.  I was stumped.  Should it be the day that had the biggest consequences (e.g.: I started college) even though that first day itself was pretty scary?  Should it be the day where something was completed (e.g.: I got my doctorate) even though sitting through another graduation ceremony probably wasn't the most fun I've ever had?  Should it be a day of leisure (e.g.: on vacation in Punta Cana) or a day of exhilaration at work (e.g. passage of the strategic plan)?  

I was reminded of a quote I have seen on cards:  "We don't remember days, we remember moments."  How true that is for me.

So even though I am tempted to sing along with American Authors and have hope that today is gonna be the best day, I think I will settle for creating some great moments.  How about you -- can you create one of your best moments today?

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment