Sunday, February 9, 2014

#618 welcome back

I faithfully give blood every 56 days (the required interval between donations).  Yet every eight weeks when I arrive, I am treated in the same way as the person who is donating for the very first time.

They require that I read a booklet of instructions and disclaimers.  They ask me the same 30 questions on the computer questionnaire.  They inspect both my arms (to check that I have not become a needle junkie since my last visit?) and give me the same instructions for post-donation care.  

I wish there was some acknowledgement that I am a multi-gallon giver, such as a streamlined intake process and an easy pass like they do for frequent travelers over border crossings.  Even if they asked a simple question like "have you or any member of your family been diagnosed with any serious diseases in the last eight weeks?" instead of asking individually about a multitude of them, it would do more to honor my time.

Do you have mechanisms in place to provide expedited service or ways to acknowledge that your customers have been there before?  Texas Roadhouse does.  As you are being seated, the greeters ask if you have been there before.  If the answer is yes, you are spared the detail about how the menu is structured.  

Think about the processes that you use for repeat clients.  Your best customers don't want special treatment to involve 'more'; they want it to require 'less'.

-- beth triplett
leadershipdots.blogspot.com
@leadershipdots
leadershipdots@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment